Wednesday, May 12, 2010

CNet's Look at the Sony Alpha NEX-5

Do you have to carry two photo recording devices? I carry a small camcorder much of the time I wind up using it to taking reference photos or web level photos. It isn't worth it to print out the lower resolution photos.

Truth be told the only camcorder that I had that took good snaps and video was my beloved Kodak Zi6.

Sniff, I still miss it.



This is Lori Grunin of CNet talking about the Sony Alpha NEX-5. She gives as many reasons to consider the camera as to reject it. I try very hard not to do first generation anything but I am intrigued that the lens is much bigger than the body.

With the airlines getting increasingly dippy about charging for luggage I think a lot of people are looking for ways to streamline what they take on board. A good quality point & shoot camera with HD video might be the way to go.

Not saying this camera is it but file it in the memory bank for future reference.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love actual comments. Please understand that comments will be held until I get a chance to look them over or wake up, whichever comes first.

Spam and other forms of hate speech are not welcome here. And due to the actions of spam bots and the people that love them moderation is in full effect.