Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Blue's Snowflake Microphone for Audio Recording

There are times when I need to record narration for a screencast or tutorial. I have tried the standard computer headphone type microphones but I never felt comfortable in them.

I also had a terrible problem with the plosive "p" popping out of my mouth. I needed a solution so I started to visit podcasters tutorial web sites to see how they solved the problem.

Some of the podcasters recommended the Snowball microphone from Blue Microphone. I loved the look of the Snowball but I didn't need the whole rigging shebang.

Blue's Snowflake Microphone
I went to the vendor web site and they had a smaller model called the Snowflake. It was just the right size for my needs. This is Kristin giving her review of the Blue Snowflake Microphone:



It is a USB connected microphone. I can just plug it in and get going. It does add a nice tone to the voice. This microphone is Mac and PC compatible.

According to the web site you can use it for:

Perfect for dictation, field recording, lecture recording, narration, presentations, Vocals, Music Instruments, Podcasting, VOIP (such as Skype and Vonage), Voice Recognition Software, Multimedia; ideal for AIM, Yahoo!, MSN, iChat, ooVoo and Google Talk.

I bought the Snowflake for $79 retail but you might find it less online at places like Amazon.com. It is more expensive than a computer mic but I consider this an investment so it was worth it to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love actual comments. Please understand that comments will be held until I get a chance to look them over or wake up, whichever comes first.

Spam and other forms of hate speech are not welcome here. And due to the actions of spam bots and the people that love them moderation is in full effect.