Thursday, March 17, 2011

Quick Look at Samy's Classes and Workshops

I have a self-imposed rule that I can only go into Samy's once a year. I have violated that rule four times already. I know I am weak in the flesh when it comes to photography and video equipment.

Some women do shoes. I look with misty memories at D-76 and Stop Bath. Then I make a bee line to the DSLR cameras on sale.

A few days ago I wrote about the Adorama video and learning center. It is only fair that I give the home team an equal shout out. Samy's is a photography store in the Los Angeles area.


Samy's has workshops, seminars and product demonstrations at their various locations. There are some mighty tasty items on the current classes and workshop schedule.

The Camera Events page has a listing of all of the instruction happening at the LA and Orange county stores. The prices are reasonable and instruction is often provided by a working professional.

Sample classes:
  • Digital Photography 1
  • Digital Filmmaking Bootcamp
  • DSLR Video Everything You Ever Wanted to Know
So if you don't cotton to online training or you need hands on experience this might work out for you. If you don't live near a Samy's then dive into the web site of your local quality photo retailer. There might be a learning section or a list of classes in your area.

I'd be remiss if I did not mention the temptation factor of spending money in a photo store. If you have a tendency to walk into a photo store and walk out with a camera or camcorder you might have to figure out how to do this and still have a budget.

I'm thinking pay for the class before the session and then leave the credit card at home. Small steps my friends, small steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love actual comments. Please understand that comments will be held until I get a chance to look them over or wake up, whichever comes first.

Spam and other forms of hate speech are not welcome here. And due to the actions of spam bots and the people that love them moderation is in full effect.