Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Gone With A Handsomer Man Book Trailer

I like to reverse engineer videos to understand what works and what doesn't. It is one of the ways to create your own style by looking at the works of others in different disciplines. I'm also looking at this for header graphics ideas. Still looking at all kinds of idea sources.

I like books. I like video and movie trailers. Sometimes, well, most of the time it is a bad fit. Either the spirit of the book is lost or the whiz bang features of the video don't quite sell the book.

It is a balance of a proper introduction and a seduction.

This is a book trailer for the book Gone With A Handsomer Man by Michael Lee West



It is short, simple and allows the viewer to get a feel for the story. The visuals help you to become curious about the book. Thirty nine seconds is just right.

The music is contemporary so I'm not sure I'm the demographic market for the book. Then again, I was more focused on the the words and visuals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love actual comments. Please understand that comments will be held until I get a chance to look them over or wake up, whichever comes first.

Spam and other forms of hate speech are not welcome here. And due to the actions of spam bots and the people that love them moderation is in full effect.