Tuesday, April 9, 2013

The Shorty Awards

It seems that all you need to have an award show is some cash and a few friends to attend. There is nothing wrong with that because I've enjoyed going to fun based ceremonies. If I know the participants and there is actual contact with the creators and the community it is even better.

It might be bad form to mention an event that has already happened. That has never stopped me before so let's rock and learn about The Shorty Awards.



 According to the web site:

The Shorty Awards honor the best in social media; recognizing the people and organizations producing real-time short content across Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, YouTube, Foursquare and the rest of the social web.

Yep, people getting awards for their Tweets. Posting for their Posterious pages. Foresquare?  Eh, there is a video:


Folks got awards for the best animated gif. I can say no more.  Well just a few more words. Best fake Twitter account. Best Instagram and Best Tumblr account.

I feel a snark fest coming on.

Not really my intent. There are a number of categories that include video and video content. Truth is, any event that recognizes George Takei is all right by me.

That dude is a social media master.

Anyway, check it out and hopefully I'll remember to mark it in place for next year.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love actual comments. Please understand that comments will be held until I get a chance to look them over or wake up, whichever comes first.

Spam and other forms of hate speech are not welcome here. And due to the actions of spam bots and the people that love them moderation is in full effect.