Monday, May 30, 2016

Sony Creative Sells Consumer Video and Audio Software to Magix

Greetings. It has been a while, but as most of you know I've been audio podcasting. When there is news or something of note I will posted it.

I got an e-mail from Sony that my personal information was being transferred to Magix, I followed up and found out that all of the consumer lines (what they call assets) have been sold to the Magix.

  • Vegas Pro
  • Movie Studio
  • Sound Forge Audio Studio
  • Sound Forge Pro
  • Acid Music Studio
  • Acid Pro

For the time being nothing will change; but there will be a transition to the new owners. There were good training videos on the Sony site as well as a forum with a lot of historical information.

Not really clear if that is going to migrate as well.  Magix is a good company; not too fond of trying finding info on their website; it takes some digging and often you have to register. In the past I had to sign in multiple times to get to the info that I needed at the time.

That said, I have found some goodies over yonder when I needed them.

Vlog and Carry on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love actual comments. Please understand that comments will be held until I get a chance to look them over or wake up, whichever comes first.

Spam and other forms of hate speech are not welcome here. And due to the actions of spam bots and the people that love them moderation is in full effect.