Thursday, September 24, 2009

Richard Koci Hernandez - 54 Days on Oakland Bus Shot on iPhone

I am so keeping an eye on this guy. I keep telling people it is the story and how you want to tell it. A camera and something to shoot is a good start.

Video work of Richard Koci Hernandez
Using an iPhone and iPhone Apps Richard is telling a story. This is how I found him. I went to a website that showed this video. There was something wonky about Flash and it locked up both my browsers. Twenty minutes later I am victorious in restoring my system. I find his main video location and by jingy here is the video:


The Fifty Four from Richard Koci Hernandez on Vimeo.


According to his Vimeo page, he used the iPhone applications CameraBag, Melodica, Brushes and Banner. Mr. Hernandez is not a photographic or journalism rookie.
In fact, this is a master craftsman who picked up the equivalent of a Helga camera and made art. Richard Koci Hernandez has won an Emmy award, worked at the San Jose Mercury News and is now teaching media in the Cal State system.

He Is Also An Author


The book called Multimedia Journalism. You can sample a few pages. From what I’ve been able to explore this is meant as a guide to get you off your posterior and create. He gives you tips and suggestion, a few rules and permission to break the rules.

Mixture of Photos and Video



One more before I go. This is a promotional video of his wife’s work. One of my things is that I do like incorporating still photos into videos. I don’t think it has to be either/or so I’m glad when I see examples of it working well.


Nightingale Photography Promo Video from Richard Koci Hernandez on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love actual comments. Please understand that comments will be held until I get a chance to look them over or wake up, whichever comes first.

Spam and other forms of hate speech are not welcome here. And due to the actions of spam bots and the people that love them moderation is in full effect.