Monday, March 1, 2010

Using Word Cloud Images to Make Animated Titles

I have been busy. I have an idea for a intro title. I'm not an artist and I have basic to intermediate video skills. I wanted to make something that wasn't automatically generated from my video editing programs.

Eh, yeah, that is not a typo. I have a few. Less than 10. I think.

Anyway, I got the idea of using the word/tag cloud applications on the Internet to help me out. The three for your consideration are:
I used a screen caption program called Snagit to collect the images and used the Snagit editor to make adjustments or flip colors.

For the cash impaired on the Windows platform you can do pretty much the same thing with Gadwin PrintScreen and Irfanview.

Mac folk can check out how to screen capture in OS X from About.com. Those on Linux frontier can check out Shutter.



This is a tutorial I made about how to do it. Learning to do tutorials is a process. I'm still in trainee mode but you gotta start somewhere, sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love actual comments. Please understand that comments will be held until I get a chance to look them over or wake up, whichever comes first.

Spam and other forms of hate speech are not welcome here. And due to the actions of spam bots and the people that love them moderation is in full effect.