Sunday, May 9, 2010

Project 1 - Sound Effect Emergency Solution

The audio in the project video went bad. Really bad. This is a quick video showing my solution and gives an example of how to download an audio file.



There are times when you can't fix the audio. You are at that point screwed. In this instance I was able to find a similar file that will help me convey the message.

The better solution is to listen to the sound as it is being recorded with headsets. The inexpensive web camcorders don't have headsets as a rule. I didn't know until after I started editing that the camcorder's audio when bye-bye.

This was one of my $59 dollar cheap camcorders so I'm not surprised. Planning for trouble is a good thing. Planning not to be a skanky camcorder is a better plan.

I suffer so you don't have to.

I've written about MediaCollege.com before as a tutorial reference site. Highly recommend it for a good source of video education.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love actual comments. Please understand that comments will be held until I get a chance to look them over or wake up, whichever comes first.

Spam and other forms of hate speech are not welcome here. And due to the actions of spam bots and the people that love them moderation is in full effect.