Saturday, August 14, 2010

Cello Journey - Another Use of Web Video

I was looking for a new podcast to download on my device when I found this blog. I think it just reinforces my belief that we do not have to replicate what is on broadcast or cable television.

Niche content that appeals to a passionate group or community is the new frontier. It is time we stop having a block buster mentality when it comes to viewers. The blog is called Cello Journey.



For musicians and lovers of classical music this is a beautifully executed idea.

I also like that they have the video listed on Zune, iTunes and YouTube. There are CD tracks for sale in the sidebar or if visitors want to donate they can. I love that it is visible yet subtle.

The blog hasn't been updated recently but what is present is timeless. I enjoyed listening to the music and viewing the site.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love actual comments. Please understand that comments will be held until I get a chance to look them over or wake up, whichever comes first.

Spam and other forms of hate speech are not welcome here. And due to the actions of spam bots and the people that love them moderation is in full effect.