The next best thing is virtual camcorder window shopping.
A while back I wrote about the SD version of this camcorder. I was interested but could not justify springing to buy it.
Time marched on.
Recording the poets in a open room has proven to be a challenge. Some don't speak up.
Some poets mumble. (Not anyone that I've currently posted, honest.) Or they just don't project their voices. I was thinking about getting the audio Zoom H4N cuz I have heard folks rave about the sound quality.
I just don't record enough solo audio. I'd have to think about becoming an audio podcaster. A thought for another time.
Did I mention I think I have the chills?
Focus Gena, focus!
This is some of the specs from the website:
- Built-in stereo condenser microphones with 120° X/Y configuration for true stereo imaging
- Video resolution of 720p at 30 or 60 fps or 1080p at 30 fps
- WVGA (standard definition) at 30 or 60 fps is also available for smaller file sizes
- Get up to 45 minutes of 720p at 30fps video with 2GB SD card
- Accepts up to a 32GB SDHC cards for 7 hours of 720p at 30fps (Audio at AAC192 kbps)
- Video format: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 (MOV)
- Audio formats: 44.1/48/96kHz 16/24-bit WAV (PCM) or AAC up to 320kbps
- Uses two standard AA batteries or NiMH rechargeable batteries
I'll wait until I see some videos recorded by the device. Short of carrying a boom mic or taping a digital recorder to my tripod I don't know what else I can do to boost up the sound.
This may or may not be a solution. I have to think about it. It is $300 so I really have to think about it.
In the meantime, I think my non-name brand cold & flu tea juice is just about ready. I've blessed my keyboard enough for one day.