Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Q3HD - Handy Video Recorder - HD Plus Great Audio

I have the sniffles. I have a headache. I got caught in a downpour. I have chicken soup with hot peppers to annoy the biological invaders. I need emotional reinforcement. No chocolate in the house.

The next best thing is virtual camcorder window shopping.

Q3HD Camcorder
A while back I wrote about the SD version of this camcorder. I was interested but could not justify springing to buy it.

Time marched on.

Recording the poets in a open room has proven to be a challenge. Some don't speak up.

Some poets mumble. (Not anyone that I've currently posted, honest.) Or they just don't project their voices. I was thinking about getting the audio Zoom H4N cuz I have heard folks rave about the sound quality.

I just don't record enough solo audio. I'd have to think about becoming an audio podcaster. A thought for another time.

Did I mention I think I have the chills?

Focus Gena, focus!

This is some of the specs from the website:

  • Built-in stereo condenser microphones with 120° X/Y configuration for true stereo imaging
  • Video resolution of 720p at 30 or 60 fps or 1080p at 30 fps
  • WVGA (standard definition) at 30 or 60 fps is also available for smaller file sizes
  • Get up to 45 minutes of 720p at 30fps video with 2GB SD card
  • Accepts up to a 32GB SDHC cards for 7 hours of 720p at 30fps (Audio at AAC192 kbps)
  • Video format: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 (MOV)
  • Audio formats: 44.1/48/96kHz 16/24-bit WAV (PCM) or AAC up to 320kbps
  • Uses two standard AA batteries or NiMH rechargeable batteries
Well now. This looks sorta tasty. Yes, it does have a line out jack. Yes, it does have an A/C jack cuz there is no consumer AA/NiMH batteries that can go seven hours.

I'll wait until I see some videos recorded by the device. Short of carrying a boom mic or taping a digital recorder to my tripod I don't know what else I can do to boost up the sound.

This may or may not be a solution. I have to think about it. It is $300 so I really have to think about it.

In the meantime, I think my non-name brand cold & flu tea juice is just about ready. I've blessed my keyboard enough for one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love actual comments. Please understand that comments will be held until I get a chance to look them over or wake up, whichever comes first.

Spam and other forms of hate speech are not welcome here. And due to the actions of spam bots and the people that love them moderation is in full effect.