Thursday, November 11, 2010

Quick Look At Sanyo Xacti VPC-PD2BK

I do need a HD camcorder but I'm debating with myself to stick with the pocket camcorders or move on up to the next level.

Then again, I ventured into the Apple store and the iTouch was calling my name. So was the iPad and the Mac Air. And there is a consideration about moving everything to a Smartphone.

Decisions, decisions.



The Xacti VPC-PD2BK is looking mighty tasty. From the web site here are the specs:

  • Full HD videos, 1080 30p (1920 x 1080 pixels)
  • 10MP photos
  • 3X Optical Zoom
  • Stereo Sound Recording
  • Compact, candy-bar type form factor
  • 37 mm wide-angle lens
  • Compatible with SD, SDHC, or SDXC (up to 64GB) memory cards
  • Mini-HDMI port
  • Rechargeable lithium-ion battery
  • Rechargeable via USB port
  • Size: 2.48(W) x 0.87(D) x 4.36(H) in
  • Weight: 3.7oz
One of the things that I need is the ability to get closer to the subject.

This is a Sanyo PR video about the features of the camcorder.



The pocket cams generally don't have optical zoom without user modification. 3x is the bare minimum but it does help. The wide angle lens doesn't hurt either.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love actual comments. Please understand that comments will be held until I get a chance to look them over or wake up, whichever comes first.

Spam and other forms of hate speech are not welcome here. And due to the actions of spam bots and the people that love them moderation is in full effect.