Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Strike One and Why Man Creates

It is time for me to go back to the Salt Mine. I did make a PSA in about five hours but it is just crossfades, photos and text. I did it but it is blah. I wanted something a little more than blah.

It is also, by today's viewing public too long at 33 seconds.



I'm bummed but not defeated. Today's pathfinder is advertising great Saul Bass. This is a clip from his great video "Why Man Creates" and if you were in any kind of school that had art associated with it there was a good chance you saw this video.

This is the famous introductory sequence. Oh, for you young whippersnappers, this is hand drawn and traditionally animated. No computers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love actual comments. Please understand that comments will be held until I get a chance to look them over or wake up, whichever comes first.

Spam and other forms of hate speech are not welcome here. And due to the actions of spam bots and the people that love them moderation is in full effect.