Those of us that have camcorders that record in .mod, .tod, mt2 and mts video file formats are going nuts with importing and editing. So if you are considering buying a camcorder that records in the above mentioned formats your might want to take a look at Adobe Premier Elements 9 (APE9).
Some of the import video formats are:
- GPP (.3gp, .3g2)
- Audio Video Interleave (.avi)
- AVCHD (.m2ts, .mts)
- H.264 (.mp4, .m4v)
- H.264-encoded QuickTime (.mov, .mp4, .m4v)
- MOD (.mod)
- MPEG-2 (.m2v, .mp2, .mpg)
- MPEG-2 Transport Stream (.m2t)
- QuickTime (.mov)
- TOD (.tod)
- Video Object (DVD video) (.vob)
- Windows Media (.wmv) - Windows only
- Windows Media Advanced Systems Format (.asf) - Windows only
I tried this software years ago and it just wasn't my thing. It wasn't a comfortable interface. I might have to take a second look; software does improve and evolve so maybe this is what I'm looking for. Or not.
I know that other camcorder users are getting frustrated with the situation. It is getting better. There has been a bunch of upgrades by the various software vendors so the solution might be a click away.
This is just another option.