Sunday, March 6, 2011

Web Video Chefs - Tutorials Resources for Web Video

A few days ago I was grumbling about finding good credible tutorials and viable non-spammy resources about creating web video. I dislike the freaking SEO carpetbaggers.

The search is made even harder in that we have people writing articles that don't have a clue about what they are talking about. I've seen posts and articles where the main mission is to mention the word "camcorder" 29 times. Don't get me started on video converter spam-nation.


Web Video Chefs

Where was I? Oh, yeah. When I find a viable resource I want to let folks know about it. This is a new site, just getting started but it could be what you need when you need it. Web Video Chefs' goal is to help people create web videos with easy to understand tasks or as they refer to it as recipes.

And for those of you who are of the Mac persuasion you will find tutorials that include your OS.

The folks involved are Chip Dizard and Amani Channel. I've know about Amani from the Yahoo Videobloggers group. He is a former news reporter and has been involved with training a variety of folks in video production. Amani also has his site My Urban Report.

As with food, once you understand the foundation you can then get inspired to create your own style and interpretation.

Access to the site is free but there is members section. If you want to get in on the charter membership then now is the time to do it.

At some point I would expect that there would be a fee to access premium content. Paying for good content is not a bad thing, people. For now, it is a six free month access to content, webinars and additional content. That will change. In the meantime, go check it out.

1 comment:

I love actual comments. Please understand that comments will be held until I get a chance to look them over or wake up, whichever comes first.

Spam and other forms of hate speech are not welcome here. And due to the actions of spam bots and the people that love them moderation is in full effect.