Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Festival of Colors by Brian Thomson

Folks keep saying it is the talent and not the technology. This is true but the tech can make the job of obtaining that story a lot easier. This is a video by Brian Thomson using the Canon 7D slow motion feature.



I checkout his Vimeo page, and the most essential answer is plastic bags and gaffer tape.

I picked up a Canon EOS catalog the other day. The new D-SLRs can do so much. Multiple forms of figure and face tracking. Gizmos I have to go look at a technical dictionary to understand. One of these these days there will be an algorithm that will make a determination about what makes a good shot.

Until that sad day I am comforted to know that it is talented folks like Brian that open our world by showing just a little piece of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love actual comments. Please understand that comments will be held until I get a chance to look them over or wake up, whichever comes first.

Spam and other forms of hate speech are not welcome here. And due to the actions of spam bots and the people that love them moderation is in full effect.