Friday, April 8, 2011

Re-Inventing the Cooking Video and Sparking An Idea

Those of us that watch cooking videos know that there is a distance between the food and the viewer. There is a person to connect us to the food but the video is generally carried by the personality of the cook or you really want to know how to prepare the meal and suffer through the delivery.

What if there another way to present how to compose a dish? Or how to present information?



John Craig Ross is an independent producer. I found this video on his Vimeo channel.

It got me thinking about the use of titles, quick cuts and extreme close-up shots that really can tell the story just as effectively as someone jabbering about cutting the onion.

Yes, stepping outside the box is good. The added bonus, the video is beautiful. In my journey to learn how to present ideas visually I'm looking at any and all examples of information presentation.

This is one of the best that I have seen in a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love actual comments. Please understand that comments will be held until I get a chance to look them over or wake up, whichever comes first.

Spam and other forms of hate speech are not welcome here. And due to the actions of spam bots and the people that love them moderation is in full effect.