Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Lloyd Kaufman on Why Copyright Sucks

I have to shamefully say I've never seen a Troma movie. I don't know why. I've always like the idea of independent movie making outside of the studio system.

The Troma movie ads always cracked me up.


Troma's Lloyd Kaufman

Anyway, this is a good except from Lloyd Kaufman's book at Indywire about how the original concept of copyright has been corrupted by the decedents of the first usurpers. I totally agree about the intent of copyright and how it has been distorted.

Making the DVD man/woman pay a higher criminal penalty than some other crimes is just plain nuts.

I can't quite go along with boosting other people's work and making a profit without compensation for the original creators. We are at a point where some folks are bootlegging movies before they even hit theatrical distribution.

That is actually straight up theft; which is not the same as the oppressive copyright issues of today. I might have make amends and buy the paperback book.



Troma Films does have a YouTube page. I think it is coming back to me why I haven't seen a Troma flick. This is a trailer from the classic Toxic Avenger 2.

Mini Ramble

In other news, my computer is having fits. I am attempting to soothe the poor baby. It has taken me almost an hour to post this tidbit because one of the CPUs is having a royal hissy fit.

It might be time to get a new computer but I'm hoping the cure is effective. Re-installing software and looking for software keys is not my idea of fun. Posting may be dicey for the next few days.

Related Posts

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love actual comments. Please understand that comments will be held until I get a chance to look them over or wake up, whichever comes first.

Spam and other forms of hate speech are not welcome here. And due to the actions of spam bots and the people that love them moderation is in full effect.