Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Jaycut Purchased by RIM Is MIA

There is an on-line video web application known as Jaycut. I was thinking about it a lot lately because it could be possible for upper level Android tablets to access a video editing site portal and rough out or complete a video edit.

So I mozy on over to the site to do some research and find out that Research In Motion aka RIM, the owners of the BlackBerry and other properties, purchased Jaycut in July, 2011.

Oh, my.

It could be a good fit. RIM has the BlackBerry PlayBook. There could be some serious de-kinking of the video editing process for Android and other tablets users.

Yeah.

The fellas must be working hard in the lab because there is no access to the original web portal other than the announcement. The video editing demo site is still up and I was able to get into it.

I'd feel better about this only I do watch Tech News Today and the way they talk about RIM doesn't inspire long term hope for better days. I want to be wrong. I hope I'm wrong.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love actual comments. Please understand that comments will be held until I get a chance to look them over or wake up, whichever comes first.

Spam and other forms of hate speech are not welcome here. And due to the actions of spam bots and the people that love them moderation is in full effect.