Friday, January 20, 2012

Playing With Type - Research Is Scary

I have been dogging the kinetic typography sites and other resources to get a better handle on the process and structure on how to create these types of videos. It is the early stages but I'd have to say that most of them focus on the software and not the process of creating KT type videos.

The other thing I am learning is that I might have bitten off more than I can chew. I'm not a designer or motion graphics expert. But as I travel through some of the web sites it does seem more about how to move the word instead of being in best service of the text or audio source.




Like the above video from Chris - does the video work because of the association with the movie? Or does it work as it own creation? You could understand it even if you had never seen the movie.

I don't know.

Anyway, I have been finding a lot of good sites that have my brain on overload:

and a bunch more but I gotta go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love actual comments. Please understand that comments will be held until I get a chance to look them over or wake up, whichever comes first.

Spam and other forms of hate speech are not welcome here. And due to the actions of spam bots and the people that love them moderation is in full effect.