Friday, May 18, 2012

It Need to Be Repeated - Never Quit Learning

I feel rushed. I feel like I am 17 different places at the same time. My, my the times in the day is never enough. I am not so egotistical to think that I know it all. I never want to be that person.

I love the character of Sherlock Holmes but in the current BBC characterization he suffers from thinking he is better than the mind blanks around him. This is a neat video exploring Sherlock's potential markers of narcissistic disorder.



 I was over at Fresh DV and I saw the post 10 Resolutions for Filmmakers in 2012. Item number four is closer to my number two:
When I first started in production an old school film guy said, “Never quit learning, I don’t care how long you do this. The moment you quit learning you are dead in the water.” Wow, what an absolutely true statement. Never be so arrogant as to think you can’t learn from someone beneath you. 
Beneath you, above you, around you, in a different field than you but there are parallels or somebody long dead that is speaking to you via a book or old movie.

We call could do with a bit of shutting up the ego. We need to listen for just a moment longer than we can stand..


I am a vidoebloggers and a hobbyist who wants to make better videos. I am also a person who would like to move into educational media or whatever it is going to evolve into one of these days. I see opportunities where other people see chaos.

Not to mention that I am a creative person who chips away when I don't express my powers.

I cannot access any of those states of being staying in a predefined puddle.

Neither can you.

Oh, one more thing. Remember to have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love actual comments. Please understand that comments will be held until I get a chance to look them over or wake up, whichever comes first.

Spam and other forms of hate speech are not welcome here. And due to the actions of spam bots and the people that love them moderation is in full effect.