Sunday, September 30, 2012

Some Buy Shoes, I Buy Electronics

I've been quiet because half of my stuff is in the old pokey and new stuff is on the spiffy new computer I bought this weekend. Spent most of my day yanking out the bloatware and crap. Sixty two programs installed and I don't even know what half of them do.

I can say the most challenging part of installation is looking for all of the software keys and codes of the software I did actually paid for and used.

After all of the gnashing and research I got another HP with 8GB RAM and 1.2TB hard drive for just under $700. I bought a second terabyte drive a few weeks ago. I can juice it up later and it will bring me just one generation behind from Windows 8 OS.

I got tied of the lock-ups, freezes. I was not going to find the system that I wanted at the price point I could pay. I can afford this for right now and keep an eye out for my heart's desire.

This is a non-informative video about the computer. Why would a company make a video non-informative?

I don't know.



Like I said, comes with a 1.5TB drive. I'll add a second TB just for video work and storage. The external drives will rotate as a back-up system. I'm on Windows 7 OS so I will find out what software will or won't run very soon.

I also bought an external drive enclosure. Instead of hooking up cables and installing drivers I can remove the existing hard drive, plunk it in a case, hook it up and drag and drop files.

In theory. Yep. That's my plan. I got a lot of ideas I hope will come a running now that I've removed a bottleneck of productivity.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love actual comments. Please understand that comments will be held until I get a chance to look them over or wake up, whichever comes first.

Spam and other forms of hate speech are not welcome here. And due to the actions of spam bots and the people that love them moderation is in full effect.