Friday, July 30, 2010

Kodak Mini Video Camera - How Small Can They Go?

I knew there was a reason I was hooking onto the size of video and aspect ratios. I was actually looking for a full manual to a still camera that I picked up. I stumbled into the Kodak Mini Video Camera, Product number #8398513.

Kodak Mini Video Camera

This is a 640x480 video camera. It is small. How small? This is an image from the Kodak product site.

Back View of Camera

Yes, credit card small. Shirt pocket small. In your wallet small. Going through the rinse cycle in your pants small.

It is cute. I want one. This meaning nothing. I want to play with every camera and camcorder.

The Specs:

  • 1/5–type VGA CMOS
  • Lens 3.1 mm (35 mm equivalent: 40 mm), aperture: f/2.4
  • Zoom 3X Digital - I beg you, don't use it!
  • Storage internal is 128MB with a MicroSD/SDHC slot for cards up to 16GB
  • Video format MJPEG with capture modes of VGA (640 × 480 @ 30 fps), QVGA (320 × 240 @ 30 fps), QVGA (320 × 240 @ 60 fps)
  • Still format JPEG
  • Microphone with mono sound
  • Tripod Mount - Yes!
  • Internal Rechargeable Battery
Amazon will have it on sale around September 20, 2010. Kodak on their web site shows it goes on sale in August. The price is $99 or thereabouts.

If you can work with the limitations and can see the interesting creative opportunities with this video camera then I think folks can have a lot of fun with it.

Don't use it to record Snookie's wedding. Do use it at the wedding barbecue and kegger feast.

Stay in the daylight and you will be fine. Bottom line, for an emergency or just in case video camera this could be just what you need when you need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love actual comments. Please understand that comments will be held until I get a chance to look them over or wake up, whichever comes first.

Spam and other forms of hate speech are not welcome here. And due to the actions of spam bots and the people that love them moderation is in full effect.