In 2009 we were not talking about tablets or smartphones. There were apps but not as we know them today. So what do we have to record with in 2012? Let me try to count the ways.
- Web Cameras and camcorders, external and internal.
- Cell, feature phone and smartphone cameras.
- Tablets from iOS (Apple) Android and soon to be Windows tablets that have one or more cameras.
- Media players that have cameras.
- Digital Still Cameras with Video Recording
- Entry level/inexpensive camcorders
- Consumer Camcorders
- Specialty and novelty camcorders like pen cams, eyeglass cam and any device that can be tracked back to or influenced by a James Bond movie.
You don’t need much. You don’t have to pay a lot of money to get started. You can get started with what you have.
The point is to start. We need all hands on deck.