Monday, July 16, 2012

Be Willing To Kill Bad Frames

There is an expression in writing called kill your darlings. It means that no matter how much you like a piece of writing or a character in your story if it doesn’t work then you have to remove it.

I had a similar problem with this video. The audio was okay but as I was walking up to the stage the video was jerky. People were walking in front of the camcorder.  It was a mess.

I was trying to save the audio. I had about 50 seconds of bad video. I tried inserting title cards.  Extracting stills from the video and trying to cut between the performance and the stills. I even tossed in a blur to give it some mystery.

It was all crap.  Tricks do not always work.


So, had to think about what I could do with the good part of the video. Keep it simple. Fade into it, let the performer have at it and get out.

No tricks, no effects and a shorter better video is much better than a longer crappy one. 

Related Posts

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love actual comments. Please understand that comments will be held until I get a chance to look them over or wake up, whichever comes first.

Spam and other forms of hate speech are not welcome here. And due to the actions of spam bots and the people that love them moderation is in full effect.