Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Magix Movie Edit Pro Crossgrade Offer

Well, Pookie is feeling at bit better and is more responsive. Upped the power supply and added a graphics card. I will also flip out the hard drive but I need to log the software, software license keys and more importantly what not to install on the new drive.

In other news, got an e-mail from Magix about their software MAGIX Movie Edit Pro 18 MX Plus . They want your business. If you are a owner of a purchased video editing software they would like to have you consider Movie Edit Pro for $49.

This is a tutorial/demo video from Magix on Movie Edit Pro 17 to give you an idea of the software in action:



If you are total video editing newbie this is going to be an uphill climb. There is a storyboard mode and Magix is tossing in a  training DVD. I have to say if you are the type of person doesn't want to learn a new software program this isn't for you.

If you are a bit more along in experience this could be a good purchase. There is no question about the features offered; this is fully packed program. Having used a prior version of the software, I can tell you that it gives you are lot of options.

I would say it is closer to the Sony Vegas line of video editing software. It can do a lot of things but you need to learn both video editing concepts and how the software implements those concepts.

Consider This Before Buying

The thing is you have to take the time to learn how Movie Edit Pro does things. I wasted a lot of time trying to apply prior knowledge when doing a task. I had to back up and read the manual to learn to do it Magix way. And at the time there was no training DVD.  I would have welcomed it.

The software will need proper system resources. Meaning that you need a modern system. Do not try to install this on an old creaky PC.  You need at least 4GB of memory and as much hard drive space as you can get.

Yeah, yeah the minimum specs say 1GB and plain vanilla dual core. You will be sorry if you install it on a bare bones system.

So here is the deal. If you are a prior owner of Adobe Premier Elements, Corel VideoStudio, Pinnacle Studio HD, Sony Vegas Movie Studio or any other purchased software then you can pick up on the newest version for half price.

You buy the software AND you send in a declaration that you own a particular software AND you promise that you will not sell the other software or transfer it to another person.

If you want more information on what you get with the Movie Edit Pro go to the product site.
If you want in on the half price offer then you should visit the promotional page for the deal. 

Disclaimer:

I've got no dog in this hunt. I purchased a prior version of Magix Movie Edit Pro in the past. I haven't received any compensation for promotional consideration.  I've been offered a review copy but not sure Pookie can handle it.

I prefer to buy my software so that I can give an honest opinion. Doesn't mean I can't do that with a review copy. I have to think about it.

Related Posts

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love actual comments. Please understand that comments will be held until I get a chance to look them over or wake up, whichever comes first.

Spam and other forms of hate speech are not welcome here. And due to the actions of spam bots and the people that love them moderation is in full effect.