For those that do interviews, conference interviews or hit it and quit journalism this could be a viable alternative to the Zoom Q-HD3.
The HDR-MV1 will not be officially released until December but this is what is known about the camcorder:
- Aperture f/2.8 good for recording in dim places (but not great)
- Image sensor 1/2.3 or 7.77mm
- 20x Optical Zoom with a wide angle 120 degree lens
- Records 1080p/30 frames per second
- Dual microphones and the ability to hook up external microphones as well
- Audio uncompressed at 48Hz 16bit
- Video File Form AVC H.264 MP4
- Records on Sony Memory Stick Mini or SD/SDHC/SDXC cards
Tasty, very tasty. And it is small, palm small.
So if you are a musician, teacher, journalist or other folks that want quality video and audio and don't want to use your mobile device I think this might be worth keeping and eye out for. I'd want to see some test of the video before forking up cash money but it does seem to have possiblities.
Other Posts of Interest