Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Project 1 - Planning A Simple Video Overview

Well it has been busy testing out old and news camcorders. This gave me an idea that I think will work. I would like to show the process of creating a video from bits and pieces.

Over the next couple of days you will see examples of conversion, editing, exporting and uploading a video from scratch. It is kinda like cooking, you can go automatic or get your hands into it.

Here are the pre-requisites:
  • You have an open mind.
  • I am not Spielberg. No razzle dazzle here. I want to show a basic approach to making a video and posting it online.
  • I do things will be different that how you might do them. That is ok. There is no one path to creating a video but there are some things in common.
  • You should be comfortable using your computer. That means you know how to create file folders, locate a file if it gets lost or doing a task one way doesn't work you are willing to try something else.
The project is making a story or PSA out of an earthquake simulation truck that I was walking by the other day. It is just a short video but I wanted to add something to it to remind folks to have the emergency supplies ready.

Well, that is the starting point. In the next post planning makes all the difference so a quick look at putting your videos, photos and music in one folder and a reminder on quickly organizing your video to save time and frustration.

Making like the rabbit - I'm late, gotta go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love actual comments. Please understand that comments will be held until I get a chance to look them over or wake up, whichever comes first.

Spam and other forms of hate speech are not welcome here. And due to the actions of spam bots and the people that love them moderation is in full effect.