Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Quick and Easy Storyboard Part Two - A Little Structure

Still not gronking on the 3x5 cards? You say you need something a bit more structured? You are trying to demonstrate a concept or task? Let me see what I have in the old kit bag.

Ah yes, this will do it.


I create a simple template for myself so that I am clear on what I want to explain or show in a video. 
This is a reproduction of the storyboard that I used to make the PSA Fannie Lou Hamer PSA

Why Would I Want to Know This?

A restatement of the reason why other people would be interesting in the video. I know why I want to do it however the video will be watched by other viewers. What benefit will they get from the video?

My Storyboard

Item
Audio
Video
Title Card – Intro Fannie Lou Hamer speaking before Congress Comment About Black Women
Fade Into Comment Card Ignorant Comment Card
Cut to Congress Fannie – Congress
Transition Image 3 Fannie – Speaking
Transition Image 4 Fannie – Sad
Transition Image 5 Fannie – Older
Title Card – Fannie 1964 Fannie 1964
Title Card – Know Your History Know Your History
Title Card – Stop the Verbal Violence Against Women Stop the Verbal Violence Against Women
Closing Credit PSA…

I made this in 2009. I should try again because I didn’t leave enough time for the reading of the card and I would like to have a better mix of text to images.

You do, you learn and then you do some more. But without this really simple outline I might not have gotten as far as I did.

This is my storyboard; it could be much better by adding start and stop times and making decisions about removing photos to strengthen the point.

In the other hand Mrs. Hamer was a very powerful speaker. Nothing I could do can draw attention away from her voice.  A great lady.

It doesn’t have to be complicated but if you want to get a message or idea across you might need to plan it out.

This is just my two cents on the matter.

Related Posts

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love actual comments. Please understand that comments will be held until I get a chance to look them over or wake up, whichever comes first.

Spam and other forms of hate speech are not welcome here. And due to the actions of spam bots and the people that love them moderation is in full effect.