Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Text Storyboarding Or Editing On Paper

I don’t know about you but sometimes I get stuck on trying to make a good video. Not great, not perfect just a good video. One factor is self censoring or not wanting to put up crap. The other part is trying to do something different.  And then there is the time factor. I don’t have a lot of it.

I need a process that lets me do video editing away from the computer. I can snatch ten minutes here and there. So, how could I do that?

This is a prototype idea. I don’t know if it has been done before. I’m thinking out loud. I have a video that is giving me major problems.

What Do I Have? 

  • Two minutes of video. Parts of it are shaky
  • Good audio
  • Images extracted from video
  • Performer’s web site and other information from reviews and write ups.

Introduction:

Title Card:
Video:
Audio:
Overlay:

Body of Video:

  1. Shot 1 – What will the viewer see first?
  2. Cut or transition
  3. Shot 2
  4. Cut or transition
  5. Shot 3
  6. Cut or transition
  7. Shot 4  - How will the video end?

Closing Credits

  1. Information card for performer’s web site
  2. Copyright card
  3. Blog URL

Again, I’m just trying to get a version of this video out of my head so that I can compose more effectively when I have time to edit. Which I don’t.  I am also trying to solve the problem of the shaky video, I will not upload that but how can I replace the not so good parts?

This is just an idea. I am working out a kind of template I can work on during the day.

Related Posts
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love actual comments. Please understand that comments will be held until I get a chance to look them over or wake up, whichever comes first.

Spam and other forms of hate speech are not welcome here. And due to the actions of spam bots and the people that love them moderation is in full effect.