This is one of the more interactive simulators I found. This is from CameraSim. Now, true it is designed for still photographers but video folks can learn from this app.
- Set the lighting, the focal lenght of your device. that should be on the lens or in the documentation.
- Select your Aperture on the right hand side.
- If you know the Focal Length of your camera move the slider to the appropriate setting. If not, leave it where it is.
If you are recording using a Smartphone or Tablet device you have a fixed aperture. Set it to 2.8 and make your other adjustments. This can give you a rough estimation of what your video will look like in certain lighting conditions.
Those recording video on digital still cameras will have a lot more flexibility - go wild but keep in mind that your device might require you to pre-set the f/stop before you can record.
Other Posts of Interest
- A Look At Project Settings - Video Editing
- Aperture - VidGeeky Word of the Day
- File Format - VidGeeky Word of the Day
- Home Page for Mobile Users