Saturday, May 14, 2011

A Good Reminder to Back-Up Your Posts

Ah, I feel better. The Blogger downtime maintenance took longer than any of us thought it would. This is an excellent reason to back-up your blog posts no matter which service you use. For some folks they have a main blog and a repeater one on another service just in-case.

If you generate money from your blog you definitely need a plan 2, 3 and 4 in-case of downtime.

Hey, stuff happens.

At the very least you should know how to:
  • Copy your blog template. This will be different depending on the blog service provider.
  • Have a back-up or duplicate copy of your posts. I use either Windows Live Write for some of my blog posts and others I start out as a Word document then convert to plain text before posting. But I am guilty of just typing in the post editor. Like I'm doing now.
  • Copies of your images.
  • If you have a web host for you videos you should have a not only your copy but a CD/DVD of your project work.
It is not hard but if you have been blogging/vlogging for more than two years you have got stuff. The kind of stuff that if it vanishes or is yanked for unfair reasons you would be hurt.

Deeply.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love actual comments. Please understand that comments will be held until I get a chance to look them over or wake up, whichever comes first.

Spam and other forms of hate speech are not welcome here. And due to the actions of spam bots and the people that love them moderation is in full effect.