Sunday, May 16, 2021

Four Random Items for the Creative Tool Kit

There are so many software as services regarding creating audio and video content. This is just a brief look at some of the tools I've found along the way. 

Some will be helpful to a variety of creators or one of the tools might scratch a specific itch. But you know it is good if it hits that exact spot. I know if I don't write them down I'm going to loose or forget them.

Analytics

Chartable helps you to understand your audience by finding out where you place on various podcasting portals, including Apple and Spotify. There is a free option with once a day stats.

Image Cropping

You have the perfect photo for your album cover but you need to get it into a specific aspect ratio. Croppola can help you to crop to the square 1:1 format or a few of the others needed for social media. You can use the Auto function or figure it out for yourself. 

It is free at the moment, but understand that images are only stored for about an hour or so. If you like what you have, download it immediately. 



Recording via Browser

There are times when you find yourself needing to make a recording. I think I was at a conference and forgot that I left a recording on my desktop computer. 

All I had was my Chromebook, a portable microphone and no editing gear. 

I could have used something like Resonate Recorder. You record using the Chrome browser and can download audio in the .wav format. 

There is a free version that allows for solo recording. The paid plan has feature like automatic backup, more folks to record and other features.

Transcription

Podseo.io is an transcription service for podcasts and for those folks that have to provide alternative text content. 

You can upload your audio or video to the service and it will provide a transcription of your content.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love actual comments. Please understand that comments will be held until I get a chance to look them over or wake up, whichever comes first.

Spam and other forms of hate speech are not welcome here. And due to the actions of spam bots and the people that love them moderation is in full effect.