Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Quick Look at Nokia 1020 Camera Phone for Video

It has been awhile since I have written about a recording device. When the point and share camcorder line was kicked to the curb by smartphone technology that forced me to make adjustments.

I can't freely use the word camcorder unless I'm talking about a dedicated device. I've been using the term recording device to cover smartphones and tablets, applications, still digital cameras and camcorders.





With the Windows Phone 8 Nokia 1020 camera with smartphone capabilities I'm pushed further across the line only I don't know where the line is anymore.

I feel the longing building up in me. I don't want to want it. But I do. I just do.

Before I go on a drool fest, here are the relevant specs:

Video Primary Camera: f/2.2 aperture (maximum lens opening) 1080p recording 30 frame per second recording .mp4 H.264 There is a 6x zoom but it is unclear if it is optical or digital. Optical image stabilization and auto focus.

Secondary Camera: 720p at .mp4 H.264 with an f/2.4 aperture.

Sensor: 1/1.5 inches with 41 megapixels saving in jpeg format.

Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon™ S4 Dual-core 1.5 GHz Not going to be sluggish but Quad-core would be better.

Memory: Internal 2 GB, SD Card 32 GB and 7 GB Microsoft Cloud Storage. With the size of the photos and videos this thing can churn you are going to need all that you can get and then some.

Why Do I Want It?

It really is a camera. There are quirks in the interface from what I can tell from a distance but there are possibilities here.

It is the right size, has the right number of megapixels if I need to crop a photo to a certain area. With an attachment I can hold it like a camera. Record and store remotely; this could be a keeper in certain citizen journalism/police recording situations.

I have an Android tablet and my Android phone is way over its freshness date. I'm willing to give this a look-see and fair consideration.


Other Posts of Interest

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love actual comments. Please understand that comments will be held until I get a chance to look them over or wake up, whichever comes first.

Spam and other forms of hate speech are not welcome here. And due to the actions of spam bots and the people that love them moderation is in full effect.