Saturday, September 8, 2012

A Sunday Moment with Ray Bradbury

One of the reasons that people should have a camera/camcorder handy is that you could record a moment in time with a famous or notable person.


This was a short video that I recorded in 2005 at a bookstore celebrating the 82nd birthday of Mr. Ray Bradbury. The web video standard at the time was 320 x 240.  I and many other Internet users of the day were on 56k dial-up service via an analog modem.

Like I said, Mr. Bradbury was kind enough to stop by a local bookstore. I had hope to hear him speak but he was just signing books and sharing a few brief words to his fans. The store was very small and it was really hot inside that store, no air conditioning.  It was roasting outside that store too.

I don’t remember the camera I used to record the video. I probably was still editing on Windows Movie Maker2 and cussing the whole time. Windows Movie Maker 2 would invoke such a reaction. That sucker hit walls like a crash test dummy.

Related Posts

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love actual comments. Please understand that comments will be held until I get a chance to look them over or wake up, whichever comes first.

Spam and other forms of hate speech are not welcome here. And due to the actions of spam bots and the people that love them moderation is in full effect.